For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Clever

As you know, I enjoy knitting lace - if you didn't know this, then you've been living under a rock!

I've had a few people say "Wow, you're so clever!" and a lot of the people who've said this are fellow knitters! I can understand a non knitter saying that - a lace item does look terribly complicated, but any knitter who looks at a lace chart should realise that it's just garter or stocking stitch with a lot of yarn overs and decreases.

I don't think I'm clever for just following a pattern. The person who created the pattern in the first place is the clever one! I'm just copying what they did really.

I don't know - and I don't want to sound all conceited - but I've never found it hard, no one told me it was supposed to be hard. If it wasn't full of cables or lace, it'd be boring!

Although, saying that, I've had to do a lot of work where socks are concerned and it's baffled me that it didn't just work! I don't swatch, I can't stand it. My philosophy is knit for a bit and try it, if you don't like the look of it then rip it and start again. I suppose it's because I tend to knit to gauge so if the pattern says 12 stitches to 4 inches, that's what I usually get!

But I'm valiantly re-knitting the Vortical sock. Well, I will when I've done some more on the Anniversary Mystery Shawl I started last week!

There's just soooooooooooooooooooooooo much I want to knit - especially with all this lovely new yarn in my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment