For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Friday, 27 May 2011

What I've been up to

Hmmmm, it's been a while - how are you all?

First and foremost, let me reassure you that I am going to Woolfest! My gorgeous friend Claire beat Rita and Rosanna to the punch by phoning me and squealing "MEEEEEEEEE!" down the phone at me LOL.

We've got it all arranged - we're going to make a week of it and see some of the Lakes too, so if you live in that area and send me your address; you may get a visit!

OK, so catchup time.

I was soooooooo ill at the beginning of the month! On the first Saturday of the month, Kaz and I go to Colonel Bogey's nightclub for 80's night and although she wasn't here (she went on holiday the day before, tut); I decided to go without her!

All day Saturday, I battled a migraine. Nothing I tried worked, I had medication, I sat with my eyes closed, I took another whammy pill, I avoided knitting and reading, I took another whammy pill, it didn't really go but got down to manageable proportions.

I must've been quite stoned though (I've never taken 3 whammy pills in a day before) because I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to go to Bogey's anyway - because, you know, I'd probably feel loads better after a drink in a really noisy nightclub.

I was fine! For about three hours!

Then the migraine punched me in the head and I spent the next two hours in the toilet puking with my eyes tightly shut because the light was hurting.

The bouncers finally threw me out once everyone had gone, I know they thought I was drunk, but I had only had a couple of drinks! I tried to call my mum, but didn't get an answer so I focused on the floor directly in front of me and started walking.

I made it home and went straight into the loo as I was still really suffering! Half an hour later, Isis woke me by sniffing my feet. So I staggered back downstairs, grabbed a blanket and lay on the sofa - Isis naturally lay on top of me *sigh*

The migraine was now raging, I couldn't move, I couldn't lift my head, I had to lie on my left because lying on my right made me feel sick. I knew I was dehydrated from being sick, but wasn't able to get up and get a drink.

It was lunchtime before anyone appeared in the lounge where I was. But it was another two hours before I was able to ask for and drink a cup of tea - although I was only able to drink about half of it because sitting up made me feel ill.

It was 7pm before I was able to sit up, at which point Alex forced more tea and a yoghurt down my neck. I also risked two paracetamol (but not a whammy pill!).

Oh that all did wonders and about an hour later; I was able to get up and get in the bath (which I really needed as I sweat when I'm sick so must've been honking LOL). The bath felt great so I ate some rice too.

It all worked to calm my head enough that I was able to function, but over the following week I felt like I was recovering from the flu! My head was spongy and being so sick had set my IBS off. It was a week before I felt anything like normal!


I've done some more sewing! I finished it last night, I made a Kindle cover for Mum's Kindle.

I'm really proud of it - it's not perfect, but it's only my second ever project so I'm not doing too bad at all! I'm going to make a case for my iPad this weekend!


I've started going to bingo with Mel, my first session was last Wednesday and I won £80.70! Went again this Wednesday, but I didn't win a thing - one of the girls won £4500 though!


On Tuesday I saw a Medium. I really wasn't sure to expect, but Dad came through. This guy said loads of things that he couldn't possibly have known, I can't remember it all, but he gave me a CD recording of our session so I can review it later.


Oooooh, I finally finished my latest spinning project! I started out with 500g of 70% Black Alpaca/30% White Merino and spun it to a 2 ply laceweight.

I ended up with a massive 3019.1m/3301.7y! I'm not sure yet what I'm going to make, but I'm seriously considering a featherweight cardigan.

Socks! I'm still knitting away on the socks, I'm currently knitting the J socks which I have to get finished quickly as K is currently live and have to be cast on before the 3rd of June. I'm not doing too badly considering the three weeks we spent in Italy, being ill and having to reknit the I socks three times due to a chronically badly written pattern! I can't wait until I've finished the Z socks - then I'll do a huge sock post - I've saved all the pairs; I'm not going to wear any of them until I've finished the challenge!


Um....that's pretty much it, I think. I'm going to a spin in over in Southampton on Sunday, bingo again on Saturday night, but other than that, I'm still just plowing on with the socks!

My son Matt says "Hi"

1 comment:

  1. Your migraine story had me cringing in sympathy. Last Sunday I was struck down and it lasted until Monday. It was hellish.

    I love the kindle cover!! Way to go!!

    Your spinning looks great too! I'm such a new spinner I always wonder if I'll ever get 'that' good :)