For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Friday 5 February 2010

Thunderstorm

Today I decided to play with my new drumcarder.

I got all of this:

Ari sent me this along with the drumcarder and some trilobal nylon, this bag is one that Sara sells here (it's the black, white & grey pack) and carded each colour twice. When I got to the white, I threw in some of the trilobal too.

Then I set to blending using a quarter of each colour (I started with black and worked my way through the shades to the trilobal/white), until I had a layered batt.

I hummed and hawed debating whether to leave it like that, or run it through again to blend it even more.

Eventually I took the plunge. I split each layered batt into four and fed each quarter - black side facing up - into the carder once

and got these gorgeous batts!

I got four batts in total and they are lush! I'm calling them 'Thunderstorm'.

Unfortunately, this took me most of the day, my back hurts, I'm absolutely shattered and I shall never moan at the price of batts ever again!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo.... pretty! :D

    I think a drum carder may be an answer to my carding needs - hand carding is very theraputic and all, but I have the attention span of a gnat!

    Karen (dravenxiv)
    x

    ReplyDelete