For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Thursday 7 January 2010

Spin A Pi

I went to visit Helen a couple of months ago and we rather rashly set ourselves a challenge.

We are going to spin up the yarn for a shawl called Sleeves In Your Pi (Ravelry link) - it's a shawl with sleeves done in a bulky weight yarn.

Our challenge was to start on New Years Day and be finished by Woolfest 2010. That gives us six months!

No problem, I thought.

Well first I had to finish my baby camel hair.


Which I did then I plied it with navy blue merino. I did 2 plys of baby camel and 1 of merino. I bought the baby camel at Fibrefest from Mandacraft.

I finally finished that yesterday and hung it to dry (sorry the first photo is slightly out of focus, I didn't realise the camera was focused on something other than the yarn tut). I ended up with approximately 780 yards and I think I might make another clapotis with it.
I started the humbug today. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to spin up anywhere near bulky weight! But it is beautiful.


I bought this humbug from Sara while at Fibrefest and it's gorgeous. When I've finished this, I shall ply it with some 70/30 alpaca/merino which I also got at Fibrefest from the people at Coldharbour Mill. I chose the alpaca because it was soooooo soft and similar in colour to the humbug!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm going to link to you in my Monday post (11/1/2010).
    Thank you so much for the mention,
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete