For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Friday 3 April 2009

It’s not funny!

I went to the garden centre with Mum yesterday - she's after some blueberry bushes for the garden. We had to try a couple of different places, but eventually found some. While there, Mum also decided to buy a couple of bags of compost.

These bags are huge and it takes two of us to lift!

We snagged a trolley - one of the ones that has two wheels in the middle, when it's not moving it rests on the front or back forks and when you're moving it you balance it on the wheels and push it along. We pulled the trolley up alongside all the compost, grabbed a sack at each end and heaved it in to the trolley.

At this point the trolley decided to move with the weight from resting on the back forks to resting on the front forks, in the process the handle (which extends up from the back forks) rose upwards - extremely quickly as we kinda threw the bag in there - and smacked me right in my left elbow!

Now, this is normally the place where when you bang it, you laugh because it hurts so f'n much, right?

Not this time, it went beyond that!

It hurt so f'n much that my vision greyed, I jumped around like a loon, felt nauseous and kicked the pile of compost bags so hard I felt it through my steel toe capped boots!

Now my elbow is seriously bruised, I can't lean on it, it hurts to bend it, it keeps stiffening up and is seriously bugging me. I guess I should be glad I didn't break it!

Banging your funny bone is NOT funny!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. You are correct; it's not funny. I hope you feel better soon.

    Audrey5432

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay its not funny.
    its not funny.
    im sorry , im laughing . the blueberries are gonna be so yummy though.

    ReplyDelete