For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Sunday 8 February 2009

Tut, I want to knit!

Why is it that whenever you want a day to yourself to be as energetic or as lazy as you like, it never goes how you want it to? I seem to have gone out every day this week, so last night I decided that I'd do some catching up on Ravelry and then sit and knit while listening to Harry Potter audio books (I'm up to the actual tournament in Goblet of Fire!).

I knew it'd be quiet; the kids were all doing their own thing today. Alex was game playing upstairs (we moved the games consoles upstairs a few weeks ago), Matt went out with Arnie, Jess went out to the ice rink with Kyle and Ellie. The dog was fed and snoring. Perfect!

I logged in to Rav and spent an hour or two posting on forums and catching up on news. I was just getting ready to sit and knit when the phone rang…it was Kyle. Ellie had taken a tumble on the ice and an ambulance had been called because of her ankle.

I arranged for Alex to watch Isis and I got into the car and drove to the hospital. They weren't there, so I called them only to find out that they were still at the rink waiting for an ambulance. I was so bloody angry that they had been sat waiting, I got back into my car and drove to the rink. Naturally, just as I got there the ambulance arrived.

Thankfully, we weren't at the hospital long, they gave her painkillers and x-rayed it. She's sustained soft tissue damage and has been advised to keep weight off it for a few days.

It's now 8:30pm and I still haven't picked up my needles!

I can see a night of insomnia ahead…

2 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with the whole sitting down with a plan to knit idea and having it tossed out the window! It happens to me all the time! I'm glad Ellie wasn't seriously hurt, though. She's lucky she didn't break anything.

    Love your photo - you do NOT look like you've had 4 kids! You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwww *blushes* Thank you!

    It's now 2:30am and I've been knitting for over 4 hours LOL

    ReplyDelete