For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Tut

Well, I failed the daily blogging challenge already! I meant to post Monday night after knit night, but I was in bloody agony when I got home and in no fit state to sit here and type stuff! Then I was going to post last night, but I spent most of yesterday in a medicated haze with a hot water bottle plastered to my back and anything I typed wouldn't have made much sense.

So, knit night was great! A couple of newbies arrived and it was a very noisy chatty night, if we keep going at this rate, we're gonna need a bigger table! We average about 10, but there are more depending on weather, light, whether it's the holidays, etc.

I'm doing well with MD/AN, I'm about halfway through the second half and I'm hoping that it'll be finished in a couple more weeks. I can't wait to show it off!

I'm going to make Louhi next in purple and I just know it's going to look gorgeous! I saw the yarn in our local haberdashery store and just cleaned them out lol.

I decided enough was enough today and I called for an appointment to see the doctor. I didn't ask for an emergency appointment, because it's not a bloody emergency, I'm not dying, I'm just going in to moan at him about the injustice of it all again in the hopes he'll give me SOMETHING that'll help with the pain without turning me into a zombie at the same time.

The next available appointment is in TWO WEEKS!!! That's bloody ridiculous! I said to her "It's a good thing I'm not dying!" and she offered me an emergency appointment immediately. It really is no wonder that I rarely see me doctor with the receptionists giving out emergency appointments willy nilly! Mum said "You'll be better by then." And while I agree with her that this flare probably will be over, the underlying problem will still be there. They rarely do anything when I go up there, other than give me new medication to try. I realise that they've got hundreds of people to see each week and couldn't care less about me or my problems, but I care dammit and I want someone else to care, someone that can do something!

We're going to be blitzing Alex's room next week, he's gotten too tall for a single bed and my friend Dana has offered me a double bed free, her boyfriend is even going to deliver it for me in a couple of weeks. So we need to get in there, have a good sort out, move a few bits around and get rid of whatever he doesn't need so that there's room for this new bed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at people who can blog daily. I could never do it. It takes me too long to tweak photos and type up something, usually many hours over several sittings/days.

    Understand your frustration with the doctor's appts, I experience the same thing here. I usually don't bother cuz I've often experienced pain (or whatever), and when I go see a doc about it they find nothing wrong, even after doing tests.

    ReplyDelete