For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Wednesday 30 September 2009

A Landmark in History, A Handspun Clapotis & New Lace!

On Friday, my son turned 18!

Wow!

18 years old - that's incredible! I'm now the mother of an adult!

It's actually a very scary thing, being the parent of an adult. You don't stop worrying, they're still your baby and your life still revolves around them. Nothing really changes, except he's now legally old enough to buy cigarettes and beer and I have to get his permission to discuss personal matters with someone else!

This is what he woke too:


For his birthday he got some New Rock boots.



A new mobile phone


And - the biggest surprise - 25 years of Wrestlemania!


He was really pleased with his presents.

Mum and I took him out for lunch and that night we ordered a Chinese takeaway!


In other news.......I ran out of handspun on my Clapotis! Now I've got to make the decision to either frog and reknit, or to just order more fibre, spin it up and then knit that! *Sigh*

I have just joined the Seasons of Lace though. I have decided to knit the Sampler Stole from Victorian Lace Today and in true 'me' fashion, I'm knitting the biggest one and I'm knitting it in purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment