For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Blending

The Isle of Wight Fibre Crafts has a few challenges going. One is to spin and then knit something for Christmas, it can be anything but it has to be Christmassy and sparkly. I have all the materials, I just need to get started on that one.

The other challenge is to do some blending.

The perfect opportunity to try out carding. I have two sets of carders, the first are curved and came with my wheel. They're rough and awfully hard to use. The second are flat and a mini pair and I can use them much more easily!

I did a few yesterday, but today I went at it with a vengeance. I'm carding a wool mix, one pink and one blue.


I'm amazed at the difference I got with each blend but I had to stop because my hands were aching LOL.

Once I've done this, I've got a whole fleece that was recently sent to me. I've cleaned it and now I've got to card it - but I think I'll buy some larger carders

No comments:

Post a Comment