For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Saturday 1 May 2010

A different kind of spinning

Well plying actually!

Last year I bought a Phat Fiber box and a Fibreholics box. These are boxes full of samples from all different dyers and they're good fun.

I decided to spin each sample one after the other until I had one long single (3 bobbins long!). Then I decided to spin up the purple fibre from my first dyeing experiment.

Then I plied the two together!

I ended up with quite a bit! I'm going to knit this into a bucket sized version of my felted spinning wheel bag and it'll sit beside my chair and hold whatever fibre I'm spinning!

I have also been having a play with my supported spindle that I bought at Wonderwool.

This is a whole different method of spinning! I have a little go before bed each night and I think I'm starting to get it. I must admit; my wheel is still my preferred method of spinning!

1 comment:

  1. Felting is something that I havent tried yet, but I love the spinning wheel bag. I am always hunting for things I need. Actually, maybe I need to buy a case load of the little wrenches for tightening bobbins since I can never find mine when I need it.

    ReplyDelete