For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Saturday 4 July 2009

I refuse to stress!

I hate getting stressed about stuff; it makes me angry and it's too hot to be stressed and angry!

I'm overloading myself with stuff to do! I've been helping Joy wind yarn so she can get the shop back up to stock and I've done no spinning and hardly any knitting this week!

I still haven't finished the Vortical socks which I started AGES ago. I've got the first mystery shawl KAL to finish, the second one to start and catch up on, I've got one and a half sleeves and the hood of Wimbledon Wetland to do by the end of the Wimbledon Men's Finals tomorrow afternoon and Alex wants a pair of socks for his prom in a week or so! Oh, the Tour de Fleece started today too!

When am I supposed to get all this done?

I've come to the conclusion that my wheel is too heavy for me and that I should get something easy to use and reasonably easy to transport around. I've been gazing at all different wheels online and (after a play on Joy's Lendrum today) have narrowed it down to two.

The Lendrum or the Schacht Ladybug.

The Lendrum is a solid wheel and is soooooooooooooo smooth. It's almost too easy to use after the Traddy! I had to slow my pedalling right down because my hands couldn't keep up! Joy says most Double Treadle's are like that. I really do like the Lendrum, but go and check out the Ladybug.

Isn't that just the cutest? It's a quirky wheel, lighter than the Lendrum by 1kg, has built in handles and Lazy Kate and I just really like the look of it.

So, Joy has said she'll take me to Fibrecrafts on Friday to try the Ladybug out! If I like it, I'll probably buy it. The only thing that's giving me pause is whether I can get a woolee winder for it; I'm waiting to hear back from Schacht about that.

I'm also worried because there is only one UK stocker of Lendrums and I'm worried I might not like the Ladybug and he'll sell out of Lendrums between now and Friday! Joy said to ring and explain it all to them (she knows them quite well) and ask if he'll hold it until Friday afternoon for me. If he says no, then I'll have to decide quickly whether to just buy the Lendrum, or wait and see the Ladybug and risk not liking it but the Lendrum being out of stock!

Oh the agony of indecision!

Do you have either of these wheels? Why do you like/dislike the one you've got? What's your recommendation?

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I have a ladybug and love it and I am reasonably new to spinning so this is my first wheel. It is very portable as well, I have taken it to a couple of workshops I have done and also my spinning guild and it fits in my little Skoda Fabia easily on the back seat (or the front if you prefer).

    You can get a woollee winder for it, there have been comments from people in the US who have advised that they had found the bobbins quite stiff to fit onto it but the solution was to file the inside slightly. This is my next purchase once I've saved enough!

    The only thing I found was that the only place you can buy them is Fibrecrafts and I don't find them particularly helpful - still I only bought it there. They do have one set-up there so you can try it.

    Hope this is of help - I can't comapre to the Lendrum I'm afraid.

    Happy Spinning

    ReplyDelete