For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Thursday 23 July 2009

Sigh!

Today is one of those days, you know?

My brand new DAB radio has developed a fault and appears completely dead! So I can't listen to the radio today and of course, today is the day Sky is being turned off!

I've got a bad case of "startitis"; I want to start loads of projects, but not work on any of the WIP's I've already got!

After some discussion with Joy on Monday night; I've decided not to make Mojo for Alex, I'm going to make him a basic rib sock. Partly because rib is soooooooooo stretchy and partly because they'll be flatter than Mojo so he'll be able to wear them under his boots!

I bought some fiber from Natalie, it arrived today. The postman felt it necessary to ring the doorbell, hammer on the door then ring the doorbell AGAIN! I think the problem is that they can't hear the doorbell, I might stick a note on the door saying something like "The doorbell DOES work, there is no need to hammer the door down too!". Anyway, I'm in such a slumpy mood that I haven't even opened the package and it's been here over an hour!

I took Jess to get her eyes tested on Tuesday; she's a bit longsighted (which is apparently quite normal for teens and they grow out of it) and he's arranged for some reading glasses for her. Then we wandered around town a bit. I was on the lookout for a broach as I just can't get on with the two gorgeous shawl pins I have - they're too bulky and won't go through my KSH shawl.

I found this little gem in a jewellery store.

It's about an inch and a half high, has sparkly bits on the wings, can be worn as a pendant or a broach and is real silver (I would've loved her in gold, but I dread to think what the cost would've been!).

Funny, everyone on Ravelry and twitter says it's "me!" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment