For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Thursday 13 November 2008

Isis the stroppy teenager

I knew it would happen as my kids got older, but I didn't expect it to happen as the dog grew up too!

Isis has become a stroppy teenager!

She turned 1 last Friday, but for the past couple of weeks, her behaviour and demeanour have changed. She's had the 'sod face'. ANYONE who has had teenage children knows exactly what I mean by 'sod face'…it's the face your teen gets just before they claim that life is so unfair and they hate you…know the face I mean?

As well as the 'sod face', she's taken to whining, ok, not so bad…normally. She whines all the time if she's not sleeping or on my lap or out walking. If I'm sat knitting or watching TV, she's got to be on my lap or she'll pace around the room and whine. She even woke me in the middle of the night last night by whining!

She's become picky with her food again, she didn't eat Friday's food until Sunday morning!

She seems perfectly healthy, is not in pain and sleeps quite happily when she is on my lap and is perfectly well behaved while out on a walk or in the car…she is behaving just like a brat! Therefore I'm assuming that it is a teenage thing and that there's nothing wrong with her….how long that'll remain the case remains to be seen, she won't reach 2 years old at this point LOL

1 comment:

  1. You want the bad news... depending on the type of dog that phase lasts on and off until they're two or three...

    ReplyDelete