For best results view blog in Firefox or Safari

All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Am I Being Haunted?

Remember that DAB radio I told you I'd bought that developed a problem and refused to work.

I had to return it for a replacement.

Within a week of receiving the replacement, that stopped working too! I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my third one!

I ordered my Mac Mini a couple of weeks ago. I was so excited although I went through hell to finally get it as I told you here.

Well the adapter finally arrived today and I got it all set up and plugged in...................and the Mini is dead! There is no power going into it at all.

I phoned Apple, almost in tears, he asked me to unplug it all, plug it back in, try a different wall socket. Then declared it DOA and put me through to the refunds department.

I was not offered a replacement power cord or an exchange unit, just "return it for a refund"

They said the refund would only take a couple of days (maybe by Saturday? That would sweeten my mood!) but then I got the e-mail with my return number.

The e-mail says:

"Our carrier will contact you within 2 business days to arrange collection. The item(s) will take 3-4 business days to reach the Apple Centre. Once receipt is confirmed, your refund will be processed. Please allow 5-10 days for the refund to reach your account. "

Erm..........but the man on the phone said in a couple of days!!

I have to wait for that money to be credited back onto my debit card before I can order a replacement as I can't afford to just order another one! If I'm lucky, the money won't get eaten by a bill!

You know when you watch a movie where one guy is kicking the crap out of another guy (stay with me here, there is a point!). He well and truly kicks the crap out of someone and you think "blimey!"

That's how I feel! I want to kick the crap out of someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment